Wednesday 20 August 2014

Creativity and Party Rings

Due to it being the summer holidays, most of my posts recently have been about days out or flowers, so I thought it was time for a bit of crafty creativity. I've bought a few of these ceramic hand-made buttons in various places, and enjoy making them into simple pendants which are very easy and quick to make.


The designs on the buttons are floral (of course) and quite intricate, so I like to match them with plain beads and cotton cord in toning colours.


I love these rich aubergine and plum shades.


I also finished my first attempt at Lucy of Attic 24's Bower Bird, and was very pleased with it. I made it as a present for my mum and she thought it was very sweet.


However, I think I'll use a lighter yarn next time and a smaller hook as it turned out to be a bit of a beast! (I used a dk cotton and size 3.5 crochet hook). My next one should turn out a little more dainty, but I must say, it was a very easy pattern to follow.


And so, finally, to the party rings. The youngsters in our house like to have them as a bit of a retro treat, and sometimes buy them to share. I don't really like them, as they're a bit too sweet for my liking, but when I saw these raspberry ripple ones I had to get my camera out - what pretty colours!


I put them on a spotty plate on my hexagon patchwork and admired them, whilst my daughters wondered why their mother was arranging and photographing biscuits.


Funny how blogging makes you look at things differently - I did let them eat them in the end, though :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I don't always get time to reply, but I look forward to and love to read your comments - they really do make my day x