Wednesday 10 September 2014

A Burst of Colour

Over the last few weeks a shift has taken place in the floral colour palette towards the hotter colours of the spectrum, and I have noticed this in my own garden and when I'm out and about. These zingy flowers really seem to give me a boost when I look at them, with an uplifting, feel-good effect. Here are some of those eye-scorching hues - I hope you enjoy them! (you might need to put your sunglasses on).


Fuchsias





Sunflowers


Calendula


Crocosmia


Scabious


Verbena Bonariensis


Honeysuckle


Phlox


Calendula 


Cosmos


Nasturtiums


Calendulas




Phlox




Sweet Peas


Nasturtium


Chocolate Cosmos


I couldn't resist bringing a little bunch of this fabulous colour into the house. I would never plan to put these colours together, but I love the way they clash and positively glow. I'm sure just looking at them does me good!

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures ! flowers are always interesting for their colors, natural colors that are inspiring !! have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment - yes, they are so inspiring x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful flowers!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I don't always get time to reply, but I look forward to and love to read your comments - they really do make my day x