Well, another week is nearly over, and as we near the weekend it's nice to look back at the little things that have made me happy:
1) Last weekend we went to Brighton for the day to visit my lovely sister-in-law, A, and her partner, M. I had hoped to take lots of photos and post about what a vibrant and interesting city Brighton is, but heavy rain swept in very soon after we arrived and made photography impossible. Early on, however, I took these photos of the impressive seafront where a motorcycle show was taking place.
The sea was a beautiful aqua colour, despite it being a dreary October day.
We had a lovely lunch there, catching up with A (who is very creative and has her own blog at Cat + Fox) and M, and drove (hence the blurry picture) home past the Royal Pavillion as the raindrops fell. We visited it years ago, and I remember it being extremely ornate inside.
2) A and M gave me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers for my birthday - I was so thrilled. The colours are rich and autumnal and have really brightened up the house this week.
3) We've had a lot of rain and very low light-levels. Time to switch my fairy lights on! I have some in the kitchen which I like to light when the days turn darker, as well as candles like this one, Wild Fig by Yankee Candles.
4) Last weekend I also treated myself to some more yarn (as if I don't have enough) from my local craft shop. It's Crofter by Sirdar, and I'm a big fan of it, as it is acrylic with some cotton and wool mixed in which gives it a lovely soft texture. I love the seasonal colours too. I don't know yet what I'll make with it, but I can't resist buying individual balls of yarn without any plan in mind. Do you do that too? Last year I knitted two plain garter stitch infinity scarves with Crofter in green and blue. I must get them out ready for the colder weather.
5) Finally this week I crocheted some little leaves with the cotton yarn I bought in this post. Not sure yet what they'll turn into, but I have a few ideas in mind.
Well, it's been a very wet, dark week, and suddenly summer feels like a memory, but it's giving me a good excuse to snuggle up indoors and indulge myself in a bit of creativity. Hope you have a good weekend x